Shelly L Nemeth
Shelly L Nemeth
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Gilbert, AZ

Farmhouse Hanging Scale

$5

Farmhouse style is really popular, so I thought I'd make a hanging farmhouse kitchen scale to go with my counter scale. It's perfect to hang in the corner and use for holding fruits. I saw this idea from Jay Munee DIY.

farmhouse hanging scale

farmhouse hanging scale

Start it off by tracing a circle using a cake pan. This will be used as the backing for the clock face and to help it stand upright.

farmhouse hanging scale

Next, cut the scale face out. I used the same face that I used for my counter scale. I then glued it to the cardboard. If you can, you can just print the face out on card stock, which will not need the cardboard.

farmhouse hanging scale

Then, lay the scale face on the cake pan and use a sharpie to mark a dot at the 12 and the 6.

farmhouse hanging scale

Then drill a hole in the cake pan. It should fit the bolt you'll use.

farmhouse hanging scale

Then insert an eye hook and bolt into the hole. The hook should of course be on the outside of the pan.

farmhouse hanging scale

Then, take the pan and your pot outside (or a well ventilated area), and spray paint them black! I used an oil rubbed bronze spray paint.

farmhouse hanging scale

Next, attach the face onto the cake pan.

farmhouse hanging scale

Glue with hot glue and make sure it’s lined up to the eye bolts.

farmhouse hanging scale

Next, add your chains! You'll attach them to the eye hook and may need to use some pliers to help you close the s hook.

farmhouse hanging scale

I added an s hook to add some length

farmhouse hanging scale

And then attach the chain to the top of the pot.

farmhouse hanging scale

And that's it- it's ready to be hung!

farmhouse hanging scale

It's just perfect for my kitchen corner!

• Annie

Love this what size did you print the face please

• Lisa West

This is really cute. What made you think of doing this? A trip to the produce area at your store? I never would have thought of this. Its reall y a cute storage idea. Not boring at all. Thank you for sharing.

• Donna

Where did you get the picture of the scale front?