Faux Tin Ceiling Tile Installation

$500

Learn how to install ceiling tiles and give your home the makeover you didn’t know it needed. These ceiling tiles instantly upgrade your home and give you a luxe look on a budget. Use the following steps to install ceiling tiles in just a few hours.

Before I started, the ceiling in my bedroom had a pattern stamped into the drywall which looked fine but wasn’t really my style.

These tiles are very thin- but super durable plastic. I opted for the Fasade Ceiling Tile -2×4 Direct Apply-Traditional 2 in Matte White style.

The preferred method for installing Glue-Up ceiling panels is to apply the adhesive directly to the back of the panels. Then use use a notched trowel (1/4″ x 1/4″ x 3/4″) and spread the adhesive evenly on the panel. ACP, the manufacturer of Fasade recommends using  Loctite PL Premium adhesive. Do not use double-sided tape to install ceiling panels.

You need to make sure your ceiling is clean. You may want to apply a fresh coat of primer or paint on the ceiling before you install the panels.

Wipe the back of each panel with some rubbing alcohol. This will remove any the finger prints, dust or dirt to ensure maximum adhesion to the ceiling.

Start in one corner and glue up the panels left to right. Work your way across the ceiling and over. Trim the tiles to fit as you go.

After an hour reapply pressure to the ceiling tiles to make sure they are secure.

The after look on my ceiling, looking up from my bed.

Adrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little Gnome

• BonBon

Could these be applied to a cleaned, dust free faux wood paneling? I am trying to figure out options to change the out dated look on my new to me home. Thank you.

• Karen

I know from experience that paneling looks much better than imaginable after painting, almost like plank walls.

• Rhonda

Beautiful. Could you paint over them if you wanted?

• Sally

By starting in a corner did you have an off size at the other corner?

• Kristie Spencer

we have put these up many times and they are beautiful. We started in the center of the room, then on the edges we had to cut them, but you just use an razor knife to cut them, really easy

• Karen

I am amazed that the room appears to be so perfectly square. The problem I always run into with projects like this is that I tend to do them on old houses that have settled or whatever. Is the brick wall behind the head of the bed faux also? Thanks for sharing this.

• Johanne Palange

I love the way the patter on the curtains matches the pattern in the tin ceiling. So cohesive.