Faux Tin Ceiling Tile Installation

$500

Learn how to install ceiling tiles and give your home the makeover you didn’t know it needed. These ceiling tiles instantly upgrade your home and give you a luxe look on a budget. Use the following steps to install ceiling tiles in just a few hours.

faux tin ceiling tile installation

Before I started, the ceiling in my bedroom had a pattern stamped into the drywall which looked fine but wasn’t really my style.

These tiles are very thin- but super durable plastic. I opted for the Fasade Ceiling Tile -2×4 Direct Apply-Traditional 2 in Matte White style.

faux tin ceiling tile installation

The preferred method for installing Glue-Up ceiling panels is to apply the adhesive directly to the back of the panels. Then use use a notched trowel (1/4″ x 1/4″ x 3/4″) and spread the adhesive evenly on the panel. ACP, the manufacturer of Fasade recommends using  Loctite PL Premium adhesive. Do not use double-sided tape to install ceiling panels.

faux tin ceiling tile installation

You need to make sure your ceiling is clean. You may want to apply a fresh coat of primer or paint on the ceiling before you install the panels.

Wipe the back of each panel with some rubbing alcohol. This will remove any the finger prints, dust or dirt to ensure maximum adhesion to the ceiling.

faux tin ceiling tile installation

Start in one corner and glue up the panels left to right. Work your way across the ceiling and over. Trim the tiles to fit as you go.

faux tin ceiling tile installation

After an hour reapply pressure to the ceiling tiles to make sure they are secure.

faux tin ceiling tile installation

The after look on my ceiling, looking up from my bed.

Adrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little Gnome

• Cheryl

My ceiling is popcorn. Can you put it over that?

• Wanda

You can remove the popcorn by scraping it its very easy. Shopvac and painters spatula then prime it

• Loree Widmer

Popcorn ceilings are the worst, can you put this over that type ceiling?

• Donna

PLEASE TELL PEOPLE that many “popcorn” ceilings contain ASBESTOS & should NOT be scraped without special protective processes. Do your research as to the age of your home & likelihood of asbestos. Supposedly, it’s not harmful until you disturb it. People with children & elders should take every precaution possible taking on this removal job. I’m no expert but Google away before attempting to scrape these ceilings!

Shared from another post.

• Judy Cunningham Burnett

Where did you get your tiles and about how much does it cost?

• Melanie

I'm going to try , it will completely change the look of a room. Thanks

• Debbie

we put this up in moms house. But she and I spray painted them cooper now it looks like they have been there for years. turned out cute

• Kim
      30 minutes ago

can you add a picture, it sounds great