BusyBeeEmily
BusyBeeEmily
  • Farmington, UT

Flowering Garden Bike

I took an old bike, stripped it down to the frame and wheels, painted it, covered the seat with waterproof fabric, added lined baskets and planted it! It now has a permanent home underneath a window on the side of my house, amongst my shade garden and flanked by pink Hydrangeas. It's a great addition to my shade garden!
garden ideas bike flower planter, flowers, gardening, repurposing upcycling
Find more info and pictures, including the link to a video for the TV segment where I presented this project, on my blog post at Adventures of a Busy Bee!
Guess what I used for the seat and pennants?
I attached Baskets that I found while thrifting, plus cut coir and burlap to hold in the dirt and flowers.
...and info for these little beauties, too...
BusyBeeEmily

• 861650

So pretty! And a great idea. Now, for the guys...you can do this as well. Does not have to be 'girly' and does not have to have flowers. Use your imagination!

• I have been hunting for an old bike for this very purpose! Yours is fabulous and I love the wreath too!