Heather | mysweetkyhome
Heather | mysweetkyhome
  • Eastwood, KY

Jar Lights

$10

I was so inspired by a huge Instagram account that sells home decor to create these adorable jar lights! I hope you love them! That are super easy and make the perfect addition to any home decor!

jar lights

Firstly as always gather your material! I have been storing my babies old baby food jars for a while now (thinking I would use them for something!) I already had most of my supplies on hand so my out of pocket for this project was very low. Even if you don’t it’s still under $10 to make!

jar lights

I personally would suggest to drill your holes before you paint your lids. I did not (I painted first but was very careful not to scratch and chip my painted lids.) allow these to dry very well! I used $1 craft paint from Walmart and $1 spongy type paint brush.

jar lights

Drill the holes according to the size of your string lights! You want to drill just enough for one light to fit down inside. Careful! The edges of the jar will be sharp so make sure you leave space in the hole that you don’t force the light.

jar lights

Place one light per jar or more depending upon the lights u purchase and the size. I purchased my lights at the dollar tree for $1 but you can also find them at Walmart or online (price will vary). I also made sure they were battery operated so I can move them anywheres I would like.

Place your lids on your jars and secure. I placed twine bows for an added touch.

jar lights

That’s it!! Super easy not to mention adorable!