Judy Walters Weiss
Judy Walters Weiss
  • Clarksburg, PA

A New Spin On A "Potted Plant"

I love finding unique pieces to use as planters around my home & potting shed. I've used several old bedpans that I've found at flea markets & auctions for planters the last couple Summers. The bedpans aren't very deep so usually I plant succulents in them because most of them have a shallow root system. This Summer I decided to try to find another way to use them ~
a new spin on a potted plant, container gardening, gardening, repurposing upcycling
I thought that if I turned it on end & hung it so that the deeper end was on the bottom I would be able to plant something different in it. So I drilled a hole in the back of it so I would be able to hang it on my Potting Shed. I then placed a piece of landscaping fabric in the bottom of it so the potting soil wouldn't fall out of the spout opening. I planted Ivy in it, thinking it would look interesting spilling out over the bottom of it. it's a unique planter & I think every garden can use a little humor in it!

Judy Walters Weiss

• Cyndy B

My husband and I were just reminiscing about my brother's old neighbor, who we bought a vintage enamel topped table from years ago...which led me to remember her collection of bedpans hanging all over a porch with various plants inside. It was surprisingly charming! I decided to check online and came across this post. Definitely brought a big smile!

• Susan Bechamp

Medal supply Houses can offer endless possibilities with enough imagination.