Campaign Chest Table Makeover

$30

So this Campaign Chest Makeover can go either way, some might really like it and some might say that I ruined a solid wood furniture piece!But in my defense I have had this Campaign Chest Table for almost 32 years even before I was born !! So you can imagine that I have been seeing this basic brown piece of furniture for so long that I was dying to give it a makeover at this point.

campaign chest table makeover

Let me give you guys a good picture of how it actually looked in its original glory.

campaign chest table makeover

So there you have it, some might actually like it and don’t get me wrong I did actually love this piece but I had had enough and it was time for a change.And that is what I set out to do to give it a total transformation.

campaign chest table makeover

I chose a Chalky Paint Finish in the color Treasure from DecoArt.

To enhance the carvings I went in with a round fluffy brush and used 24K Metallic Gold by DecoArt and went around the entire wooden carvings.

campaign chest table makeover

I stenciled the piece in various places to give a victorian era vibe using the same gold color that I used on the carvings.And that was basically it.

What do you guys think?I absolutely love the results.

campaign chest table makeover
Anam - Delicious And DIY

• Teresa

Never apologize for your dream. It may offend others (even me)to paint over solid wood but sometimes you just have to go for it!

• Mydearcoffee

nice