What to use to clean kitchen walls?

+9

Going to wash kitchen walls. Thinking I'm going to use Dawn for Dish. Gets oil off of ducklings. Should do greasy kitchen walls. What do we think?

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Apr 03, 2019

Hi Scooter, it depends on the paint finish. As long as its a semi gloss or a high gloss you should be able to scrub those walls down. Just use the least amount of water possible and work in a small area first to see how it goes.

• Valleycat1 Valleycat1 on Apr 03, 2019

Yes this should work; I use it for almost anything. Use a dilute solution of the soap to start, wipe on, let sit a bit, then scrub off. If it doesn’t do the trick add TSP.

• Russbow Russbow on Apr 03, 2019

TSP available in paint stores

• Diane Burgos Diane Burgos on Apr 03, 2019

in the kitchen i use ammonia - its the best for removing grease and leaves everything shiny and clean, just make sure to dilute it and open the windows

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Apr 03, 2019

I use Dawn Ultra great grease cutter,easy cleaning no fumes easy wipe off/rinse

• Scooter Down Scooter Down on Apr 03, 2019

Try a five to one water/ Dawn. In a spray bottle. Start at the top. A second spray bottle with water. Spray over the five to one to rinse down. Should see grease and grim run to the floor.

• Jojo Jojo on Apr 03, 2019

Spic and Span powder formula works great for removal of grease off kitchen cabinets and walls.

• I usually use vinegar and water. If it's really bad, you might need Krud Kutter or even TSP.