How do I remove a chewing gum from pants?

+4

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Apr 04, 2019

Ice the gum and you should be able to pick it off.

• Gk Gk on Apr 04, 2019

Hopefully you haven't tried washing them in a wash machine yet! Rub ice over the gum to make it brittle and start scraping with an old credit card-keeping the gum brittle as you work on it. You should be able to get most of the gum off this way. Once you get it down to just being in the material try scrubbing with an old toothbrush and a little bit of laundry soap. If you work at it for a bit you should be able to get it out.

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Apr 04, 2019

Have you tried a cube of ice?

• William William on Apr 04, 2019

Ice cube should work like everyone suggests. Or just stick them in the freezer.

• Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Apr 04, 2019

I have heard that peanut butter also works, but I have not tried it myself.

• Betsy Betsy on Apr 07, 2019

Hi Beata: Give this a go: Get a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. Dip the Q-tip in the rubbing alcohol and then put it on just the gum, not the fabric. Let it dry for about 30 seconds then put a piece of duct tape over the gum and lift off quickly. Or, you can saturate the gum with Coke, and finally, WD40. Spray it on, let it sit for 30 minutes and scrape the gum off. You may have to do it 2 or 3 times. Good luck

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Apr 07, 2019

Get a ice cube and freeze it off scrap with something plastic when frozen off