Chas' Crazy Creations
Chas' Crazy Creations
  • Fort Collins, CO

Unique Way To Preserve A Puzzle

$5

My daughter had completed this puzzle and wanted a way to save it other than putting it in a picture frame. I found this little tray at Target and put the 2 together!

You can see more of my crazy creations here

unique way to preserve a puzzle

Here is my daughter's completed puzzle. She already has a few puzzles framed so she wanted something different this time.

unique way to preserve a puzzle

I found this tray in the Target dollar section and knew it would be perfect.

unique way to preserve a puzzle

I painted the bottom of the tray with Mod Podge.

unique way to preserve a puzzle

I slid the puzzle onto the tray, centered it, and pressed it down onto the Mod Podge. I let that dry completely.

unique way to preserve a puzzle

I decided I didn't like the plaid edges, so I used Apple Barrel Multi Surface blue paint to paint the edges. I let that dry completely.

unique way to preserve a puzzle

I coated the entire bottom surface with Mod Podge Hard Coat to protect it and let that dry.

unique way to preserve a puzzle

Here's the completed tray.

unique way to preserve a puzzle

Now my daughter can have her snacks during homework time on it.

unique way to preserve a puzzle

I would love to have you stop by my blog     Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Toni

How did you keep the puzzle from falling apart when you slid it onto the tray?

• Joanie

Toni: I do jigsaw puzzles ALL the time. I just finished a John Wayne. 19 X 27....it took me 5 months.....1000 pieces. Very hard. After you are done.....slide wax paper beneath the puzzle. Add 2 coats of Decoupage.....between coats let each dry overnight. Lastly, flip it over and put a coat on the back of puzzle. Let dry and Voila!! It can be picked up very easily.

• KRD

How did you remove the puzzle from the baking tin into the serving tray without it falling apart? Puzzle newbie looking for the veteran's trick here!

• Bess
      30 minutes ago

You know they have puzzle glue that comes with a brush and you can brush it on top of the whole puzzle and it dries quickly! I’ve done this to many of mine to keep them together. You can frame them and hang them up!😊👍

• Millie

This is so clever! I have a friend that does puzzles all the time. Will have to tell her about this. Thanks for the great idea!

• Morgan

this looks wonderful. I did the same with an old night stand. Place puzzles on each side. I am considering putting the puzzle on the drawer faces as well. I will post after completed.