When You Don't Have a White Kitchen!

What do you do when you don't have a white kitchen? They are all the rage right now but for those of us who find ourselves with dark cabinets it can feel a little bit like we aren't part of the "in" crowd. I hope you will read the rest of this over at our blog to find out how you can still create a space that is light, bright and full of charm without breaking open that can of white paint!
http://www.atthepicketfence.com/2012/06/when-you-dont-have-white-kitchen.html
It is possible to have a non-white kitchen feel fresh and light!
Simple window treatments allow windows to bring in as much light as possible while still adding warmth.
Glass front cabinets add depth and reflect light.
At The Picket Fence

• Mrs. M. Mertens

Under what kind of business name should I look to take 4 of my kitchen cabinet doors to have frosted glass put in?

• Jan 3 Boll

I also hate all white - it looks so 'cold.' I have an apartment and added a strip of wall paper at the top of the walls and painted a 1" strip around the cupboards doors and drawers with assorted pastel colors using a metal scrubber (gives a lacy look) and black door knobs. Then I added removable stick-ons (used horses as I couldn't find the butterflies I wanted). Added a lot of character without a lot of time.

• BONNIE J

A GAL AFTER MY OWN HEART. I LOVE WALLPAPER & HAVE RESORTED TO IT MANY TIMES--JUST EVEN ONE FEATURE WALL. THE WALLS IN OUR OLD HOUSE HAVE MANY DEFECTS--WALLPAPER COVERS A MULTITUDE OF SINS & LOOKS CLASSY. I ADDED BUTTERFLY STENCILS TO MY BATHROOM CLOSET DOOR TO TIE IN WITH THE ONE WALL COLOR. LOVE IT.