Connie Windes
Connie Windes
  • Winston Salem, NC
Asked on Apr 5, 2019

Are these considered Mid Century Modern?

EllisJeanetteBecky at Flipping the Flip
+3

There were given to me. I’m wanting to decorate in Mid Century Modern. I’m new at this. Thanks.

q are these considered mid century modern

This isn’t a large piece. It is a record player.

Is this end table Mid Century Modern? It’s that Blonde furniture.

• Simple Decorating Tips

Hi there, no, I wouldn't consider this a mid-century modern piece. This looks more like it was late 70's. If you google 'mid century modern furniture' and click on search 'images' you'll get an instant feel for what that is. :) btw, if you're in the Mpls/St.Paul area, my friends have an amazing mid-century modern store in a small town about 30 miles from St. Paul. It's called ' Up Your Alley Vintage'.

• GrandmasHouseDIY

I've noticed a lot of folks painting furniture to get the mid century modern "look" with color blocking techniques. Here are some ideas I just pulled up on google image search.

• Morgan McBride

No, MCM furniture typically would be square without the lip on top and with little peg legs.

• I would say your piece is more 70's/80's than mid-century. Is there a name or a tag inside? You can look up the brand, see when they were manufacturing.

• Jeanette

The blond piece is.

• Ellis

The blonde step table is a mid-century modern style. The legs, and the blonde color were used then.