BJ
BJ
  • Milwaukee, WI
Asked on Apr 6, 2019

How do I remove dog urine from carpet?

SharonUnique Creations By AnitaLinda Sikut
+3

Best way to remove urine order and stain from wool carpet.

• Shelli Kisch Haipek

Nature's Miracle cleaner

• DW

you probably can use a good carpet stain remover and a soft scrub brush to remove the stain (may take several attempts) but you may very well end up with a lighter splotch on your carpet... but if you have a pad under the carpet it has some of the urine and that’s impossible to remove..you have to cutout that patch of pad and replace it.

• Jan

Woolite pet spray. Works the best. Spray it on liberally, scrub with brush, spray again liberally. Keep repeating until stain is gone.

• Linda Sikut

Hi BJ,

DW "hit the nail on the head". You can get out the stain and some of the odor with an enzyme cleaner that you'll find in a pet store. The larger issue is what is under the carpet. If it soaked through the carpet the padding will have odor as will the floor underneath. I would try soaking the whole area with the enzyme product then using a carpet steamer to get up as much as possible. I might even try mixing some baking soda in the water from the steamer (although I'm sure that's not recommended by manufacturers

• Unique Creations By Anita

I believe the best is a product called urine off. Work well when I had my little puppy

• Sharon

I've used pet enzyme cleaner tablets, Jackson Galaxy Pet Stain and Odor Remover, that I put a couple of the tablets in my carpet cleaner and go over it several times, then just suck up the dirty water a few passes. I put a fan next to it to dry it out.

The tablets work much better cause its freshly mixed...... why pay for water? https://www.amazon.com/Jackson-Galaxy-Stain-Eliminator-Fizzion/dp/B019YMYNR0/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_5?keywords=jackson+galaxy+stain+%26+odor+remover+tablets&qid=1554671139&s=gateway&sr=8-5-fkmrnull they also make a steam cleaner solution.