Judy Kelley
Judy Kelley
  • Pleasant Grove, AL
Asked on Apr 6, 2019

How do I replace the picture on these plates?

TinyshoesTeresaLynn Wood Herold
+9

I have some plates that I would like to replace the picture with something else. Maybe something Victorian with green yellow and peach.

q need suggestions
  • Virginia Duncan

Before my Mother had five grandchildren she used some glue sticks and cut fabric as her background then hot glued her grand children's photos on her plates used hangers and a board she screwed in after sanding it and covered it with a coordinating fabric. She always got compliments,should work but more types of gluing things are available now.

• Cheryl A

you could decopodge over them with Mod Podge and add fabric or pictures of the items you would like

• Karin

You can find gluing charts at FireMountainGems.com

• Judy Kelley

The floral picture is made into the plate.

• Joye R. Foster

The plate is too pretty to redo. Buy some plates at the

• Sandra French

Love these plates as is but there are some beautiful decals out there that would work.

• Randal

You should first do some research, that plate may be of some significant value, just saying. I would check it out, like the one person said it is a pretty plate, and also very unique in design, I would be cautious in ruining the value of it.

• Lynn Wood Herold

why would you want to ,it looks like an antique and its so pretty.

• Teresa

I also have a teapot with a teddybear and flowers(ugh) so I found the kind of ceramic paint that you fire in the oven to cover over. I'd suggest using a bit of sandpaper(very fine as for finishing metal) to scuff it first. Then you can put anything else on it. Good luck!

• Tinyshoes

I think the plate is beautiful. My mother had one that is round and I have it displayed just as it was in my home.