How to remove rust marks from tough outdoor ceramic tiles?

+4

Have done the lemon juice and borax and left soaking for 3-4 hrs and then hard scrub and this didn't work. Any other ideas?

• Betsy Betsy on Apr 07, 2019

Hi Samantha: Have you tried OxyClean or CLR? Or, get some of that stuff called Totally Awesome Rust, Calcium and Lime remover from the Dollar Tree. That has always worked for me. Let it sit for about 1/2 hour and then rinse. Good luck

• Samantha Samantha on Apr 11, 2019

Hi Betsy. Tried CLR with 3-4 hour soak (not diluted), tried bleach (non diluted) with 1 hour soak. Nothing has worked. Any other ideas?

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Apr 07, 2019

Hi Samantha,

I've had good luck scrubbing rust spots with baking soda then adding the mixture of equal parts of vinegar and water with a few drops of Dawn to clear it all away. If that doesn't work, I'd try CLR next. Wishing you the best.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Apr 08, 2019

CLR should do the trick. :)

• Betsy Betsy on Apr 12, 2019

Hi Samantha: Try to buy some Totally Awesome Rust, Calcium and Lime remover from the Dollar Tree. That has always worked for me. Let it sit for about 1/2 hour and then rinse. Also, you can try a product callled Naval Jelly. That works really great on metal, should work on your enamel. Good luck

• P P on Apr 12, 2019

Wear gloves eye protection with Naval Jelly! (& maybe with the Totally Awesome Rust, Calcium and Lime remover and/or CLR!

• Betsy Betsy on Apr 13, 2019

Oh, definitely wear gloves with the naval jelly:) Just follow the directions on the container.