Asked on Apr 8, 2019

How do I clean a greasy gas top stove?

Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CANancy TurnerJoy30150932
+11

• Marcie
    Marcie

Try Bartenders Friend, the liquid. I swear by this stuff and it doesn't scratch surfaces

• LaDonna
    LaDonna

You can spray Easy Off oven cleaner on the top too not just inside the oven, if the chemical smell is too much for you try the fume free, if you’re stove top is really bad they make heavy duty. You spray a heavy amount on let it sit for a bit 15/20 minutes then clean off. It’s messy but it really works well. If you don’t want as much chemicals try the Mr. Clean heavy duty white cleaning sponges that by the way are the best thing iv ever found to clean the bottom of my tub but should work on stovetop too.

• LaDonna
    LaDonna

Here’s a picture I forgot to add.

• Kelli L. Milligan
    Kelli L. Milligan

I use soft scrub and a sponge.

• Joy30150932
    Joy30150932

The best thing for cleaning anything greasy is baking soda, dish liquid and warm water.

• Nancy Turner
    Nancy Turner

If it is thick and you just move the grease around when you try to wipe it up, try using a plastic paint scraper to remove some of it first. Use a degrease spray, I have an orange oxy spray that works really well on my stove when it gets greasy splatter's. make sure to clean any residue off and them I use something like Windex or vinegar to shine it up and get rid of anything left over on the stove top.

• Dawn dish soap or vinegar. Get your crew in the habit of wiping down the stove after each use. Make your life easier!