Marie
Marie
Asked on Apr 8, 2019

Can you clean and save solar lights?

Tom StuartCynthia HNancy Turner
+3

the ones that i put along my flower garden? some are lighting and some are not. i did open one to see some webbing and dead insects

• Kelli L. Milligan

I had some too

They seem to only last a,season or two.

Clean the solar cell with WD40 or white toothpaste and a damp toothbrush. Replace the batteries if they don't light up. Batteries usually last a year or two.

• Janet

you can! Open them up and see what type of batteries they are. Mine were all rechargeable type. I cleaned all mine and put all new batteries in. I got my batteries from Amazon.

• Nancy Turner

Try a light vacuuming to remove debris out of it. The batteries don't last forever The are good for so many charges and then you have to replace them. You can replace the rechargeable batteries easily, just make sure to take one with you so that you get the correct size and wattage or voltage. If you don't get the right ones, they won't last and could harm the lights.

• Cynthia H

I have been able to repair some with cleaning and battery replacement. Interesting fact for me is that my cheap solar lights usually last longer.

• Tom Stuart

Solar lights usually have rechargeable batteries that are the same size as AA or AAA batteries. They are about 1.2 volts and are not the same as regular batteries. The best price is from Amazon. They are about half as expensive as my local stores.