Deana Barnett
Deana Barnett
  • Amarillo, TX
Asked on Apr 8, 2019

How do I get rust off my shower curtain rod?

Carlota MozeeV SmithJkr22097881
+5

• Debker

Hi Deana, you can use sos pads to get the rust off, but you will need to paint it with rustoleum to keep it from rusting again

• BOB.D.

You can try steel wool but it will probably just rust again .chrome finsh not thick enough .

WD40 and a green kitchen scrubby. It will come back unless you protect the rod with clear spray paint or repaint with Rustoleum 2X paint.

• Decor Home Ideas

There are some special sprays for rust removing, but not sure which one of them is the best.

• Jkr22097881

try rubbing it with aluminum foil. I don't know how long it will last, but it is a quick fix. I used it on a rolling cart my daughter-in-law had in her bathroom that was rusting due to all the moisture. I did it about 9 months ago and it still looks good.

• V Smith

After you rub it with al foil, use Pledge on a cloth and rub it onto the rod. Pledge contains silicone and wax which will help the bar resist moisture. You wouldn't want to get it onto any surface that you may want to paint later.

• Carlota Mozee

Rub ketchup on it .