Lidia
Lidia
Asked on Apr 8, 2019

How do you get the scratches out of a glass flat top stove?

MarieUnique Creations By AnitaCynthia H
+2

• Debker

Hi Lidia, you can try this video it has a few suggestions for scratch removal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS1gnvp0F-A

• Cindy

Hi Lidia. You will need to start with a stove top that is completely cooled down. Make a paste out of baking soda and water. The paste should have the consistency like pudding. Mix it well. Use a soft cloth to apply the paste to the scratches. Rub the cloth in gentle, circular motions over the scratches. Use the cloth to remove any excess paste. Use a fresh, clean cloth to buff your cook top until it is completely dry.

• Cynthia H

Cindy described my method perfectly. All I would add, is that I also use a baking soda scrub made by the Mrs Meyers company to polish it.

• Unique Creations By Anita

I was told by a glass company that you could not remove scratches. If you find a way that works, please share.

• Marie

I haven’t heard of anything that will remove scratches or chips. All you can do is use the baking soda method or a store bought brand similar to the baking soda to clean it and buff it to a shine.