Asked on Apr 9, 2019

What is the best way to clean blinds?

PSusan Harris SeeleyJanice
+3

I live in an apartment and I am unable to take them down to clean?

• Johnavallance82

Hello Heather, Wipe them over with a wet wipe, you can buy GREEN ones now!

• Wipe them with a microfiber rag to catch the dust.

• Kelly Denoyer Russell

A quick clean is closing them and using the brush attachment on your vacuum. I also use a bucket and rag and go down each slat . These also make these finger like blind cleaners. They are ok. Not great.

• Janice

I just use hot water and vinegar or hot water and a small drop of Dawn dish washing soap and a soft cloth. Dip the cloth in the hot mixture, wring out well and start at the top of the blinds and clean each slat holding the cloth so you're cleaning both sides of the slat at one time. It takes some time but well worth it when you see how much dirt you are removing. Change the water when it gets dirty.

• Susan Harris Seeley

Slip a cleaning mitt or an old sock over your hand, wipe each slat

• P

If they are filthy, I take them completely down and put them in the bathtub with a little bleach and viola! They are clean! Rinse them off well and leave them in the bathtub to dry. When dry, hang them back up. No need to wipe each blade, if you think you need to just take a rag while they are in the bathwater and go over them. It will even clean your cords and make them look new.