Beth
Beth
Asked on Apr 9, 2019

What is the best way to clean rust off a cement driveway?

Bob in Florida.A Crafty Mix - MichelleDesertRose
+2

• Johnavallance82

Hi Beth, Well I would try using something like Ground pumice (Vim) or Bar keepers friend and a hard brush or broom with water. Good luck

• Tinyshoes

Beth..Krud Kutter from Lowes & oressure washer.

• DesertRose

The easiest way we have found to clean a cement driveway is to use a power washer. These can be rented by day or purchased. Either way it is a good investment for an annual cleaning. If it were me, Beth, I would rent one unless you choose to use it to power wash the side of a house or something. They are great for that too.

• A Crafty Mix - Michelle

Hi Beth, we found that the best way to really remove the rust was to use a product specifically made for doing just that. Vinegar took some of the rust away, but not all. You can try this product here 0 https://www.theruststore.com/Pressure-Washer-and-Concrete-Rust-Removal-W89.aspx

• Bob in Florida.

Oxalic acid.

ALWAYS follow the directions. Check boat supply stores for it. Removes rust stains on boats, too.