Creating Beautiful Wire Wall Art

$10

If you're looking for something eye catching and unique to add to your wall art then this tutorial is for you. And if the only wall art you can afford are those mass produced prints, you may just want to get your creative juices flowing and make one or two of these instead.

creating beautiful wire wall art

And nothing compares to that feeling of knowing you made it yourself  For the wire dresses you'll need:

Wire has a tendency to jump around when you’re working with it, so protective eye wear is essential. You don't want to accidentally stab your eye out.

creating beautiful wire wall art

Place your large sketch on a flat working surface and using the thicker wire, tape it down on top of the sketch. I normally start at the top of the sketch and work my way down.

creating beautiful wire wall art

What you basically want to do is "trace" the dress with the wire, sticking it down with sticky tape as you go along. For sharp bends, needle nose pliers work really well.

creating beautiful wire wall art

There is no right or wrong way to do it and don’t worry too much if the wire and the sketch don’t match up exactly. Let your hands guide you and go with the flow. To create interesting details, like flowers, ruffles and gathers, it’s far easier to use the thinner wire as shown in the video.

I made two wire dresses in under an hour and I can't decide which one I prefer. This little one with flowers around the hem.....

creating beautiful wire wall art

...... or this one with buttons down the front.

creating beautiful wire wall art

Which one do you like more?

And if you'd like to see more wire tutorials, we have a whole bunch on our blog. You can find them all here.

Oh and you can download the two sketches I used to make these dresses on the blog too. That link will be down there at the bottom, just below the Resources List

A Crafty Mix - Michelle

• Aimee Branam

Nice!!!! I love the one with flowers! This would be fun to do with the grand babies clothes as a guide!!!!

• Grand baby clothes would be perfect Aimee and for a wonderful keepsake you can do something a little more fancy using a Christening dress too

• Kellee
    Yesterday

I love the one with the flowers too!

So cute in a laundry room, little or big girl's room...

Thank you for sharing your creativity!