Creating Beautiful Wire Wall Art

$10

If you're looking for something eye catching and unique to add to your wall art then this tutorial is for you. And if the only wall art you can afford are those mass produced prints, you may just want to get your creative juices flowing and make one or two of these instead.
Nothing compares to that feeling of knowing you made it yourself right!!?  For the wire dresses you'll need:Wire has a tendency to jump around when you’re working with it, so protective eye wear is essential. You don't want to accidentally stab your eye out.
Place your large sketch on a flat working surface and using the thicker wire, tape it down on top of the sketch. I normally start at the top of the sketch and work my way down.
What you basically want to do is "trace" the dress with the wire, sticking it down with sticky tape as you go along. For sharp bends, needle nose pliers work really well.
There is no right or wrong way to do it and don’t worry too much if the wire and the sketch don’t match up exactly. Let your hands guide you and go with the flow. To create interesting details, like flowers, ruffles and gathers, it’s far easier to use the thinner wire as shown in the video.
I made two wire dresses in under an hour and I can't decide which one I prefer. This little one with flowers around the hem.....
...... or this one with buttons down the front.
Which one do you like more?
And if you'd like to see more wire tutorials, we have a whole bunch on our blog. You can find them all here.
Oh and you can download the two sketches I used to make these dresses on the blog too. That link will be down there at the bottom, just below the Resources List

Michelle Leslie

• Claudia Gilbert Champagne

I love wire art and this is very inspiring and beautiful. I love the flowers around the hem one best because it is just so delicate looking! 🥰

• Rose

I'm thinking laundry room window....

Beautiful!