Asked on Apr 9, 2019

How do I get rid of little black bugs on my umbrella plant?

JadezRedcatcecWilliam
+7

Can I also use the ammonia, listerine, Epsom salt and lemon ajax on a umbrella plant. I've seen little black bugs. Tried a commercial spray. The Epsom salt combination sounds better, because I know what's in it.

• That crazy concoction will kill your plant. Contact your Ag Extension or a reputable local nursery for the best solution.

I agree with Naomie 1000%. You'll kill the plant.

• Redcatcec

Hi Sandy,

The Epsom Salt will kill your plant, it is great as a natural nutrient when placed on the soil, if it gets on any actual plant it will kill it. ES is a Magnesium sulfate, it is a natural nutrient your plants need to thrive on, but keep it off the plant and on the soil.

• Jadez

Hi....you could also use safers sticky sticks to catch these bugs. It has a yellow sticky band you attach to a stick and insert into the soil. You'll be amazed at how fast that fills up and that's what you want ...to control new eggs and adult bugs ...just keep away from pets if you have.

• Jadez

Hi....I've bought these at Walmart or Rona (Canada) or at any place that sells plants. In a box selling for about 7.00. Google that name to see what you are looking for. Good luck