Leather Handles on a TARVA Dresser. Less is More Project

$0

Hi everyone! Back with a easy peasy , less is more project.

A few years ago, I bought an Ikea TARVA dresser. At that time , i only stained the dresser and put on some stainless steel handles. My homestyle changed since then and i appreciate a warmer look in my house. A friend of mine , gave me some leather fabric from his deceased grandmother. She was an artisan shoemaker.I wanted her to have a little place in my house. So...I just changed the handles with leather ones i made and it changed the whole look from my dresser.

Final look

Original ikea dresser and mine after the brown stain and the stainless steelhandles. I loved it for years, but my hands started to itch to be creative again.

I measured how long i wanted the leather handles to be and used a punch hole. I repurposed the stainless steel handles to fix the leather. They are in the inside of the dresser now

grandmother’ box of little happiness. can’t wait to check this out!

I chose some thick mosgreen leather. I tried several lengths, but this one was perfect. It’s about 12cm ( Europe 😉) long, 3cm wide.

i cut out one and used it to measure the others

Easy peasy. I used scissors

took a punch hole and measured 0,5 cm from the edge

I repurposed the original handles.

secure your new leather handles with your repurposed handles to the dresser. Done !

• Nina

What stain did you use? It’s the exact color I’ve been wanting to paint my tarva dresser!

• Nathalie van Ravels

Hi Nina, here a picture of the stain I used. I bought it in a Belgian store. It just says antique brown.

• Jo s

LOVE this! Very creative outside-the-box thinking and really adds an attractive twist to your dresser.

• Debi Rush

I had two very, very old dressers with leather handles that I sold with my business several years ago. I loved them, but never thought about trying to updo another dresser with the same handles. Thank you!