How do you keep your kitchen counter clean?

+4

my counters stay so junky with everything on them

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Apr 10, 2019

It is a constant battle for me. I have added a few storage places like a tiered basket for fruit & such that don't need to be put away. I also got a pretty metal basket for bread & buns. Every night before I leave the kitchen I give it a wipe down and put away items that shouldn't have been left out.

All that said, our bar right now is a tool center because we are remodeling the bedroom off the kitchen and it's just a temporary evil I live with because putting all that away would mean we wouldn't work on it as often. But the end is in sight!

• Trudi Trudi on Apr 10, 2019

Oh dear, one of my pet peeves too. I started with getting one small stand. Found a cute metal 3 tear stand. Small things could go there like mail, phones, or things that had to be handy soon. Everything else I found a new home for and then warned everyone that if they really wanted that, put in the stand or their pocket, because I would be trashing. Had the same problem with the coffee table. And nothing worked, so I just got rid of it.

• Mogie Mogie on Apr 10, 2019

This is a good site. The 10 commandments of a clutter-free kitchen:

https://www.thekitchn.com/the-10-commandments-of-a-clutter-free-kitchen-life-in-the-kitchen-218798

• Your Momma Your Momma on Apr 12, 2019

Just get rid of everything

• Sharon Sharon on Apr 12, 2019

A place for everything, and everything in its place. This usually requires cleaning out the kitchen cupboards..... purge all the stuff you don't use. I do this usually everyother year unless I've accumulated too many new gadgets. This year I've given away the new Intapot I never used, and the slow cooker I've used once, and assorted large pots I rarely use.

• Libbie B Libbie B on Apr 13, 2019

Have you watched the Marie Kondo Netflix series? Best cure for my countertops (and habit of stashing things in the cupboards) ever!