Anne Hartley
Anne Hartley
  • Holland, MI
Asked on Apr 10, 2019

How do I get rid of these pests?

Anne HartleyHolly Lengner - Lost MomDmholt4391
+3

Last year I had little green caterpillars less than an inch long. They devoured, I mean devoured my mini roses. They devastated my roses. I am not sure if the roses will come back this spring. How to I get rid these awful little things.

Anne

• Carol luttrell

Spray with what your local plant store recommends. However, remember to spray around the stem of your roses at ground level. Also treat the soil some there as well. You’ll need to watch them every day. I have found by examining your roses at different times a day and manually pick these pests and destroy them. Make sure they are dead before you put them in the trash. If they are still alive the will crawl out, no matter the small space.

• Redcatcec

You could use Neem oil on your roses.

• Joy30150932

Try the 40 parts water to one part dish liquid and spray it on, letting sit for about 30 minutes and then hose off again. Repeat when necessary. Once you stop them the roses will leaf out again.

• Dmholt4391

Diatomaceous earth. Google it.

• Anne Hartley

Thank you to all of you that took the time to answer my question. I now have several options to combat these little monsters.

👍🏻😊