Asked on Apr 10, 2019

How do you soundproof a ceiling?

Chantelle KilmartinWilliamJohnavallance82
+1

Is there a way to add a sound barrier between units? I can hear everything from upstairs even vacuuming.

• Peggy Burnette

I am so sorry you have to deal with noise from your neighbors. I know you don't want to put carpet on your ceiling, but maybe some of these ways will help you. Good luck How to Soundproof a Wall Between Apartments (Without Construction)

1. https://aquietrefuge.com › Soundproofing Tips

How to Soundproof a Wall Between Apartments. Focus on the weak points of your apartment walls. Search for possible holes and glue them. Use mass-loaded vinyl. Put some furniture and fill out space. Place foam mats. Use acoustic foams. Paint the walls with soundproofing paint. Get a white noisemachine if you need an ...

• Johnavallance82

Hello there,

Have you thought to look up on internet for Acoustic Soundproofing tiles? Ask your Landlord to see what suggestions he /she has to solve this one for you. Good luck!

Is this a condo/townhouse? Is the ceiling concrete or drywall? Do you own the unit?

• Chantelle Kilmartin

I own the unit. It is classified as a townhouse. The ceiling is drywall with a popcorn spray.