Milk Painted Dresser in Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint

$100

Watch as I take an antique dresser no longer loved and give it a beautiful water colored makeover!!

More detailed furniture painting tutorials can be found HERE

milk painted dresser in a water look

I love antique furniture, dressers are always fun to makeover. They serve it after years of use. It is always time for a makeover to give them fresh new life.

I scrubbed this one up as step 1

milk painted dresser in a water look

then repairs were made. These pieces almost always have some repairs seeing they have been used for many years. This one had a drawer brace put back in backwards so it was swapped around and all braces reglued, clamped and let to dry.

milk painted dresser in a water look

Then it was on to painting. I choose Miss Mustard Seed milk paint layering kitchen scale on first using my shorty cling on brush. It gives a nice full coverage.

Milk paint dries very fast so once this solid coat was dry, I applied Fusion Mineral Paint 's  beeswax bar for resist then a full coat of MMSMP in Eulalie's sky.

The layers were sanded smooth. The beeswax worked perfect to give a soft water feel to the colors blended.

milk painted dresser in a water look

Fusion's white wax sealed the entire piece. The hardware pulls were spray painted fresh white and new knobs added to add the final touches to this beautiful update.

Creative Moments

• Tanya Marks

So, you used a wax layer between the paint layers? Do you have a more detailed blog demonstrating the techniques you used to obtain the finished product?

• Tanya Marks

Thanks for responding. It looks like you used the wax so that the top paint layer whould rub off easier to expose the bottom layer. I have heard about using vaseline for the same thing. It looks beautiful!!

• Robyn Garner

You mentioned layering on "kitchen scale first". What is that?

• Creative Moments

that is a milk paint color from Miss Mustard Seed ;) If you go to the detailed blog post you can see the difference in colors layered www.creativemoments10.blogspot.com/2019/04/miss-mustard-seed-milk-painted-antique.html