Kim
Kim
  • Lockport, NY
Asked on Apr 10, 2019

How do I clean grayish film from my windows outside?

Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)MonicaLynn Sorrell
+2

It is from the aluminium? I have a grayish film on the outside of my windows from the aluminum screens next to impossible to remove

• Brenda

This is just a random suggestion because I’ve used this on so many things that don’t seem to have a reason why it works. WD40

• Joy30150932

If you put a coat of clear car wax over the aluminum frame this will stop it from transferring. Try some pure vinegar to see if you can budge the film.

• Lynn Sorrell

Strtaight vinegar and scrubber sponge ; rubbing/ isopropyl alcohol and a soft cloth can be used in a circular motion while applying moderate pressure; “non-abrasive” cleanser such as Soft Scrub -You can use an aluminum sealant or automotive wax to protect it against oxidization, rust or other damage from exposure to the elements ...

• Monica

Craft ides

• Use white vinegar and use squashed up newspapers to clean the windows. Use magic eraser on the frames of your aluminum screens and seal them after you have done that with boat wax.