Upcycled White Pitcher

$15

If you love this project, be sure to subscribe to our blog to receive updates regularly!

Learn how to make an upcycled white pitcher for a fraction of the cost using a tacky thrift store find! If you love the farmhouse style, you’re going to love this DIY farmhouse pitcher tutorial.

post

I came across these two beauties at the thrift store. I instantly thought of my painted mason jars and figured that if I could paint glass mason jars I could definitely paint ceramic pitchers. I

’m going to show you how to turn tacky thrift store pitchers, like these, into farmhouse pitchers that you’ll have so much fun decorating with!

post

First you want to VERY lightly sand the pitcher with a fine grit sandpaper.

post

Next, grab a cotton round and some rubbing alcohol and clean the pitchers well. 

post

Prime and paint pitcher. I used a flat white primer first. After the 2 coats of primer, I moved right on to spraying the farmhouse pitcher with the white spray paint. I used a high gloss version.

post

Now you can literally take your finished pitcher and decorate to your heart’s content! I love the extra farmhouse charm they added to my shelves!

post

If you love these DIY farmhouse pitchers and want to learn more like it, be sure to check out all of my DIY tutorials in the archives here!

• Pitcher from thrift store
  • Rubbing alcohol
  • Cotton round
Chelsea @ Making Manzanita

• Tanya Marks

These look great. You could go one step further and paint or stencil designs to make them french provincial (saw a DIY on how to do this)...

• CrazyClock

YES! What a fabulous idea! LOL, no shortage of bad designs on ceramics, but when painted like this they totally compare favorably to any designer ceramics without the outrageous price. I love the white.