Asked on Apr 11, 2019

How to clean lawn furniture?

Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CACheryl AWilliam
+1

I clean my lawn furniture before I store it in November. When I get it out in April they have greenish dirt in the folds and seems. How can I clean them?

• Cindy

Hello. Cindy here. I would make a bucket of warm soapy water. Add one tablespoon of vinegar in the bucket too. The vinegar will kill any mold spores if that is what the green dirt is. Use a scrub brush to clean everything.

Cindy has got it. Usually it's mold. You can use a toothbrush to get into folds and seams.

• Cheryl A

if the dirt is loose you could vacuum it off or just dust it off with a rag or swiffer - if there is a stain on the furniture it will have to be cleaned again. You could cover them with cheap plastic table cloths from the dollar store to keep them clean when you store them

• Greenish dirt is mold or algae. Vinegar will fix that along with some dawn dish soap. There is a product call Wet & Forget, that everyone raves about. I have never used it. Very popular though. I am in zone 9 and my furniture is out year round.