Asked on Apr 11, 2019

How to easily clean wood blinds on every window?

ClaudiaJudiJohnavallance82
+2

I have wooden blinds on every window, I can’t soak them cause they are wood so what’s the best way to clean them?

• Rebecca Taylor

Hi Melissa, It sounds like you will just have to take a damp cloth and wipe down each slat. I don't know of an easy way to clean them.

• Gk

Hello Melissa! Love the look of wooden blinds but don't like cleaning them! This article suggests dusting and wiping each slat with a damp cloth using ONLY water. https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Wood-Blinds

• Johnavallance82

Hello Melissa,

Use Wet Wipes on them. If you fix them to a pair of tongs it might help. Best wishes......

• Judi

My husband does the cleaning of our blinds, he closes them take to brush attachment and vacuums then both ways, does a great job!!

• Claudia

I use the vac attachment for routine cleaning, opening and then flipping to the other side. You may still need to use a damp cloth. I use a microfiber cloth. On to which I have sprayed a solution: TBL white vinegar, 2 drops of citrus oil( or another oil you like) and 8 oz water. Shake before spraying,.