Alison Kelly
Alison Kelly
  • Woodstock, GA
Asked on Apr 11, 2019

What is the best way to clean the heavy yellow pollen?

Twyla J BoyerRobin WallaceLinda
+2

What is the best way to clean the heavy yellow pollen here in No Georgia from outside porch furniture?

• Tinyshoes

Allison...We use pressure washer here in Tennessee.

• Janet

I am in N Ga. and just recently cleaned my entire deck with a mixture of blue Dawn and vinegar. It started to rain while as I was about to finish and the rain rinsed it for me. No need to pressure wash... much to my surprise.

• Linda

First use a blower to remove as much as possible then wash the rest away with a hose. If it is more persistent you mayb need to pressure wash.

• Robin Wallace

Use gloves and shoes! I moved to Greece and had to clean pollen of railing and tables and being from Ky I was barefooted🤣 I started itching like crazy! Allergic reaction. Hose or pressure wash! I was using just a wet rag.

• Twyla J Boyer

Being a person with allergies, I am tempted to suggest a flame thrower, but that seems a bit impractical. Consequently, I would suggest using a hose, a bucket of soapy water, and a scrub brush on a handle. Wet down furniture (vacuum first with a shop vac, if you have one handy and it has a good filter), dip brush in bucket and scrub, making sure to keep things pretty wet (so work on manageable sized bits at a time) then rinse while it is still stirred up in the soapy water.