Bunny Garland and Paper Mache Eggs – Upcycled Easter DIY

$0

I am not usually a fan of all the pastel colors of Easter. They are a little too cutesy-wootsy for me but this year I am going all in with my holiday decorating so my first project for Easter was this little bunny garland and some paper mache eggs. It's true they are cutesy-wootsy but in some ironic twist of fate these little bunny's make me cheerful every time I see them.

To make the paper I started with an old book some kool-aid, food coloring and tumeric (for the yellow.)

I experimented with the colors and ended up with these six very Eastery shades.

I used a template to cut out the bunny shapes added a little paint and a cotton ball tail. To complete the project the bunnies were glued to a piece of twine.

To make the eggs I hot glues some eggshells back together and the covered them with more colored paper and some mod podge.

The paper needs to be torn into very small pieces before applying with the mod podge.

The crinkled eco-friendly Easter grass is also made from the colored book paper.

You can check out all the details in the attached video.

Thanks for taking a look at my project. If you would like more upcycling project DIY's or Green Product Reviews please subscribe to my  Upcycle Design Lab blog here. 

Happy Upcycling,

Cindy

Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab

• Em

Since Kool-Aid stains many things why not just use watered down washable paint?