Susan
Susan
Asked on Apr 11, 2019

How do you clean bulky silver items?

Robin WallaceJoy30150932Kelli L. Milligan
+2

I sell a lot of silver on Ebay. Jewelry, silverware, serving sets. Silver polish like Wrights and dips like TarnX tend to remove some of the metal. The foil method doesn't work that great and still leaves a grey film that still needs to be removed. I use white toothpaste (not gel) and a damp toothbrush. For large items I use a damp cloth. Also works on copper, brass, gold, porcelain, ceramics, sneakers, plastics, etc. For my sales I needed one product for cleaning everything.

• Cheryl Williamsen

I clean them with Wright’s Silver Polish.

• Kelli L. Milligan

I use Weimans silver polish

• Joy30150932

I would purchase the correct silver polish from your jeweller. It is usually less than $10 for a bottle of cream. If you have good quality silverware it is best to use the professional cleaner.

• Robin Wallace

You can also use a large container put foil on bottom, add boiling water, baking soda, vinegar, place item in cover item with foil. Let set. Pinterest should have it. It does work! If it really nice pieces you may want to use professional cleaner.