Maz
Maz
Asked on Apr 11, 2019

How do we get rid of mold after a flood?

Holly Bertone | Pink FortitudeJohnavallance82Dfm
+1

We were part of the floods in Townsville we struggle with mould reappearing after continual cleaning how do we get it to stay gone.

• Kelli L. Milligan

Need to stop the moisture issue. Need ventilation, air conditioning

And kill the mold. I use Lysol mold killer. Spray where it developes .

• Dfm

half water half vinegar put in spray bottle, shake to mix. this mix will kill the mold spores along with the mold. I have also covered the area with mold with a paper towel soaked in the mix and covered with plastic wrap. my place is a former rental- the previous occupants let their dogs defecate in the basement and did not pick any poo up.

• Johnavallance82

Hello Maz, Try Tea Tree Oil, I understand it works really well, but I have never had to use it myself........

• Hi Maz - So sorry to hear. There are several ways to get rid of mold, but most importantly, you need to address the root cause to keep it from returning. This article focuses on the bathroom, but is an overall great article that covers methods of how to remove mold, if bleach is safe to use, and how to prevent it from coming back. Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/mold-in-the-shower/