Loretta Anne Mcateer
Loretta Anne Mcateer
  • Derwood, MD
Asked on Apr 12, 2019

How do I clean dog drool from my sofas?

Loretta Anne McateerPNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+4

• Redcatcec

Hi Loretta,

Have to ask, what are your sofas made of? Are they fabric, ;eather, vinyl...please get back to us with the answer.

• Loretta Anne Mcateer

They are fabric and were from Lazy Boy!

• Gk

I would take a damp rag and wipe off the drool. If you don't get it too wet it will dry fast. Keep wiping until it's gone. Or use a carpet cleaner and the upholstery tool to clean and rinse.

• All my upholstered furniture is covered with throws. I have lots of them. Easy to take off and launder and keep the upholstery clean for guests. When someone is expected, I take the throws off and give them a quick vacuum and spritz of rubbing alcohol. If anyone turns up unannounced, which is most of the time, expect to see the furniture where the pets frequent, covered.

• Loretta Anne Mcateer

WOW I never thought of rubbing alcohol! Thank you! I too use throws but somehow my lab always gets the arm covers off!

• P

try little round clear plastic topped upholstery pins that screw into the corners of the arm covers -

• Loretta Anne Mcateer

oh wow another great answer! Thank you!