Kathy N
Kathy N
Asked on Apr 12, 2019

How do I get a haze spot out of laminate flooring?

JanWilliamNancy Turner
+1

Having left a flower pot om the floor the laminate developed a spot that resembles haze and I do not know hot to get it out.

• Laura Hunter

Try a product that removes bugs from vehicles. I have had a couple of areas on my kitchen floor that's had that issue and nothing I tried helped. I got frustrated one day and tried that. In less than five minutes when I began you wiped it up, the spots were gone. Just make sure your remove all the cleaner to assure no damage to your surface. This method also worked like a wonder when I pulled my stove out to clean the floor underneath. My mom said it would take hours to remove the grease and that my floor would most likely have a permanent stain. In five minutes time there was absolutely no grease and no stains.

• Nancy Turner

The moisture from the pot is what caused the haze. If it affected the thin laminate, it may not come up. Laminate is like a picture of wood on plastic film, put on top of the base.

Place a cloth over the spot. An iron set to medium heat and iron over the cloth. May need a few passes.

• Jan

Just put a new flower in the pot and put it back over the haze.