Kaye
Kaye
Asked on Apr 12, 2019

How to use hydrogen peroxide and dawn detergent as cleaner?

Lynn SorrellCelebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)Betsy
+2

• Kathy Gunter Law

Hydrogen Peroxide is good for disinfecting. You can also mop with it putting a cup in 2 gallons of water. I use blue Dawn in conjunction with other products like vinegar & baking soda, to mop and it's great for a spot remover on clothing.

• K. Rupp

Just be careful to NOT add any vinegar mixture with anything with hydrogen peroxide mixture. Someone on here informed me that hydrogen peroxide and vinegar creates a dangerous acid. I was so thankful because I had been doing it.

Hi again Kaye: Mix one part blue dish soap with two parts hydrogen peroxide. Apply to the stain, let sit for 10 minutes (or longer), and rinse. (Always perform a spot check first to a discreet area of fabric.) Good luck

• Mix two parts peroxide and one part dish soap (many recommend blue Dawn, but most soaps should work fine), and use it to pre-treat stubborn stains on clothing. Be aware that peroxide can be a bleaching agent, so if you're concerned about color-fastness of clothing or carpet, test it on an inconspicuous spot.