Dixie Colas
Dixie Colas
  • Pasadena, CA
Asked on Apr 12, 2019

How do I clean blinds?

Cindy LloydLouBetsy
+1

• Recreated Designs

Hi Dixie. Here is a good post on an easy way to clean them. Hope it helps. https://www.hometalk.com/1067002/how-to-clean-blinds-the-easy-way

Hello Dixie: What you can do is get an old sock and dip it in a mixture of a small squirt of Dawn dish soap, a tablespoon or two of vinegar and a gallon of warm water. Mix this up and put the sock on your hand, make a fist to wring it out fairly dry and wipe the blind slats one by one. You can do both sides at once. Not fun, but at least you can look outside while you're doing this:) Then, get some fresh water and rinse the same way, with the sock hand. And, if you get bored, you can make the sock a puppet and tell the slats how much better they are going to look when they are clean. :) It doesn't take that long, and while you're at it, go do those blades on the ceiling fan:) Good luck

• Lou

I take my blinds down and then hang them in the shower. I then spray them with 409 on both sides then rinse them off with the hand held sprayer and hot water.

• Cindy Lloyd

I put mine in the bathtub with 2 dishwasher tablets. I dissolve the tabs in hot water then add cold to make it lukewarm. Add the blinds and let soak for however long you want, wipe with a soft cloth if needed. Rinse with cold water. I have found that washing or rinsing in hot water causes the plastic blinds to sag.