Yayi
Yayi
Asked on Apr 12, 2019

How can I get more time to start to do cleaning?

Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CADwp7470bJoy30150932
+3

• Kelli L. Milligan

Call in sick?

Hi Yayi: First of all, don't try to do it all at once, you'll just get frustrated. What I do is set aside a bit of time for each room, each day. I have a list stuck to my fridge, just in case I forget what to do on which day:) Here's my list: Monday - Kitchen and Family Room. Tuesday - Bathrooms and Living Room. Wednesday - My Bedroom and another Bed Room. Thursday - Craft Room (it used to be a bedroom). Friday - Basement or Garage. Saturday - Touch up each room. Sunday - Nuttin! :) Work in the yard or just sit and read or goof around:) It only takes about an hour or two each day, and if you don't mess the rooms up, it takes less time. Every other month I do a thorough cleaning, moving the couch, moving the beds and vacuuming under them, dusting the pictures, washing windows, but just that room on it's designated day. Make up your own list with a difficult room and an easy room, that way you don't get overwhelmed. Organization is the key:) You can do this, I have faith in you. Good luck

• Kathy Gunter Law

Break it down to small projects that you can complete.

Keep cleaning supplies close in the areas you need to give your attention.

Set a schedule.

Tidy each night and wipe down the kitchen before you leave the room.

Always leave a room looking better than it did when you walked into it.

• Joy30150932

You need to set up a schedule and a routine to do a bit every day. For thorough cleaning,

tackle the largest room first, one room at a time. Morning is the best time to clean the bathroom after everyone is finished getting ready to leave. Making beds next. If you have children, start them off at the age of 6 to make their beds in the morning before they leave for school. You will be amazed how this makes them more responsible as they take on their independence. Cleaning drawers and closets is a big job so spread it out. Vacuuming and dry mopping or damp mopping when the floor is dirty is the key to keeping your home clean. Keep a good quality mat by your entrance door so that most of the sand, etc stays on the mat. This you can shake outside as soon as you see it is getting dirty. If you have a pet, they tend to add some stains to mats with their paws so sprinkle a bit of baking soda over the whole thing while you are taking on another job and then use a good vacuum to clean it up. This will freshen up your rug and help to remove any pet odours you may have. Betsy has some good ideas.

• Dwp7470b

Organize your chores. You want one after the next with a reduced walking distance. For Example: Part One

Ready your Seperates: White Laundry

Turn on the bathroom light

Pour Bleach in the john, leave it out.

Clean the Shower Walls

Clean the Bathtub

Wrap up the trash

Clean the Trashcan

Clean the vanity mirror

Organize the Medicine Cabinet

Gather up the Towels

Breathe Loud Sigh

Wipe down the Sink with the Hand Towel

Gather up the Carpets for the wash one week, curtains the

next week.

Windex the Windows and the Spigots

Clean the floor

Scrub the John and Flush

Turn off the bathroom light.

Take your Bleach, Towels and Weeklies to the Laundry

Basket with whites and carry that to the washroom.

Boom Voila, in the right order Part One is all done in 32 minutes or less. And Part Two is that portion of Laundry.

Part Three as Laundry: Darks is made easier by part one done.

If you did this in the wrong order however, you can indeed get very frustrated.

• Schedule it, just like you would for any other appointment. If you have time after work, dust a room, do some laundry, anything so that you are not stuck all day Saturday cleaning.