Barbara Johnston
Barbara Johnston
  • Reno, NV
Asked on Apr 12, 2019

How can I get a shower clean?

Merrily CliffordJamesHolly Bertone | Pink Fortitude
+3

• Dee

Heat up 1 cup of white vinegar, mix in about 1/4 cup of Dawn Premium. Not the dollar store kind, because it is too thin. When mixed, pour into a spray bottle and fill with water. Shake. Spray down the grout and let it sit overnight. In the morning rinse. If you have stubborn stains, spray again. Use this mixture a few times a week. It will keep your grout and tiles clean. Also works wonders in the toilet bowl to keep hard water stains at bay. Oh you only have to heat the vinegar one time when you add the Dawn.

Hi Barbara: Check out this site, I think it may answer your question:

https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/how-to-make-powerful-homemade-shower-cleaner/

Or, you can try this:

1/2 cup dawn blue dish detergent, 1/2 cup white vineger, heat the vinegar untl hot add the dish soap. put in clean spray bottle . spray liberally let it work for 20 min or so...wipe off and rinse.

Or

Here's a magic cleaner, 2 oz dawn, 4 oz. lemon juice, 8 oz.white vinegar, 10 oz water mix and put in spray bottle , spray shower let spray sit over night, rinse in am

you may use this to clean oven..no heat needed...spray let sit over night wipe up.

Good luck

• Kathy Gunter Law

For no scrub, use wet & forget shower weekly. It will clean over time and then keep it clean. If you don't want to wait, you can use it 2x a week.

Lysol Power Scrub in blue trigger spray bottle and Mr Clean Magic Eraser.

Cut a grapefruit in half, cover in coarse kosher salt, scrub.

• Hi Barbara - This is the shower cleaner that we use to help keep grout and tiles clean and minimize the mildew - it works on kitchen grout too. Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/shower-cleaner-diy/

PS - We have a FREE eBook with recipes for all of my homemade and all-natural cleaners. You can download it here --> https://pinkfortitude.com/thank#GreenClean

• James

Get a spray bottle of Awesome from Dollar Tree and spray on shower walls great cleaner for a lot of projects

• Merrily Clifford

I have an acrylic tub/shower combo in the hall bath and an acrylic jetted tub in the MBR. I’ve tried EVERYTHING with no luck. Then company was coming so I did a quick wipe down with yellow Lysol cleaner on a scrubbie sponge. I nearly keeled over from shock when it took off that light brown line that always remained after scrubbing. (When I say everything: Scrubbing Bubbles, Lysol Tub and Tile Cleaner, Tilex, Purple Power, bleach, baking soda & vinegar, baking soda & bleach paste, kerosene on a rag, Comet, Barkeepers Friend AND toothpaste! It’s a miracle I didn’t blow up the bathroom. Hope it works for you. Good luck!