Nadine warsek
Nadine warsek
  • Wautoma, WI
Asked on Apr 12, 2019

How do I clean stainless steel appliances?

JewellmartinBetsyJoy30150932
+3

I have the early stainless steel refrigerator and when I clean it there are streaks and it doesn't look shiny. What do you suggest?

• Dee

A little baby oil on a microfiber cloth will shine them right up.

• Fiddledd224

I use Windex with a soft t-shirt.

• Kathy Gunter Law

I invested in a high end microfiber cloth a few years ago, SuperCloth. I use them for my screens, windows, and appliances for a streak free clean with just water. They were under $40 for 4 of them and I feel like they were well worth it because I don't have to use products.

• Joy30150932

You need to use a damp cloth rather than one that is soaking wet and then immediately wipe again with a dry cloth.

Hi Nadine: Here is a site that tells all about cleaning stainless steel appliances and keep them fingerprint proof:) I haven't tried it, but it looked great:) Good luck

https://www.today.com/home/how-clean-stainless-steel-no-more-fingerprints-t114913

• Jewellmartin

It’s the cloth and a clean surface that make the difference. Even a micro drop of soap or water can make a streak. By drying the appliances with soft paper towels or cloth, you are removing every bit of liquid and buffing the surfaces shiny. Best wishes!