Brenda
Brenda
  • Del Valle, TX
Asked on Apr 12, 2019

How do I clean top of gas stove?

HollySusanLindy
+4

The part of the stove were the pans sit and cook on how to get all the junk off of them

• Gk

I have used a razor blade to scrape off the hard gunk that doesn't come off with normal cleaning. Very light touch. It seems to work without scratching the glass.

Hi Brenda: I hate that! I mean, I really hate it, but I have found a way to clean it that's really easy. I love that! :) What I use is a paste of vinegar and cream of tartar (the dry stuff). Make a paste and put it on the gunk. Let it sit for about 15 or 20 seconds and then scrape off with a plastic putty knife or one of those plastic scrubbies. O.k., sometimes I use a spoon:) You may have to do it a couple of times if the gunk is thick, but usually not. There is no smell and it is environmentally safe. This works on cookie sheets or anything that you have burned on stuff. Good luck.

• P

Plastic knifes from fast food places save lots of fingernails & don't scratch at our house! use the blunt not serrated side if in doubt!

• Jewellmartin

Sprinkle all the spots with baking soda and salt. Then pour a little vinegar on that and step back. The vinegar will foam a little. Let the stuff sit about ten minutes. Then use a scrubbing sponge on the bad spots. For shine, use Windex and a soft cloth to buff the top of the stove. The same materials will clean the burners, liners, oven, and racks. Just use more and let it sit longer before you scrub. Happy Spring!!

• Lindy

Windex and a razor blade held at a 45 deg. angel. Spray, let sit of a minute or two, scrape gently and always at an angel. I have a sparkly clean top using this method. I don't ;like the products made for cleaning because they seem to leave a waxy coating, but I have used them to remove the really tough stuff and finished with the glass cleaner to get rid of the waxy build up and residue. Not sure if vinegar would eventually etch into the glass, but haven't tried that method since mine works for me.

• Susan

Get some Barkeeper’s Friend. It’s a powder you sprinkle on and rub with a wet cloth. It’s amazing!

• Holly

Anything with ammonia will eventually dull the top. My stove is over 18 years old in other than using the professional cleaners I have found Turtle Wax brand bug and tar remover is the only thing I've ever had to use. I've only used that with a professional cleaners haven't worked