Pat
Pat
  • Saint Paul, MN
Asked on Apr 12, 2019

What are some tips for spring cleaning?

Holly Bertone | Pink FortitudeNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAKathy Gunter Law
+3

• Kelli L. Milligan

Need more information please.

Hi Pat: Like I mentioned to another person looking for tips, don't get overwhelmed. First of all, don't try to do it all at once, you'll just get frustrated. What I do is set aside a bit of time for each room, each day. I have a list stuck to my fridge, just in case I forget what to do on which day:) Here's my list: Monday - Kitchen and Family Room. Tuesday - Bathrooms and Living Room. Wednesday - My Bedroom and another Bed Room. Thursday - Craft Room (it used to be a bedroom). Friday - Basement or Garage. Saturday - Touch up each room. Sunday - Nuttin! :) Work in the yard or just sit and read or goof around:) It only takes about an hour or two each day, and if you don't mess the rooms up, it takes less time. Every other month I do a thorough cleaning, moving the couch, moving the beds and vacuuming under them, dusting the pictures, washing windows, but just that room on it's designated day. Make up your own list with a difficult room and an easy room, that way you don't get overwhelmed.

Clean the windows, sills and tracks, do a thorough vacuuming and dust everything. If you stick to something like the above, you won't have to take time out to do a 'spring cleaning', it will just be getting done every day:)

Organization is the key:) You can do this, I have faith in you. Good luck

• Kathy Gunter Law

Break it down into small tasks. Prioritize. I don't do spring cleaning, I try to zone clean my house regularly. My big spring clean is outside but there has been so much rain in our area I haven't been able to do much yet.

• Hi Pat - This is one of my favorite articles on cleaning, organizing and decluttering. It really breaks down the steps of the process, and even includes an interview with TV show Hoarders star Matt Paxton. Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/hoarder/

PS - We have a FREE eBook with recipes for all of my homemade and all-natural cleaners. You can download it here --> https://pinkfortitude.com/thank#GreenClean