Homeroad
Homeroad
  • Huntington, NY

Repurposed Cabinet Door Craft Shelf

$10

Today I'm repurposing another cabinet door into a shelf for small craft supplies in the craft room.

repurposed cabinet door craft shelf

Thank goodness for the stash of old cabinet doors I came across recently because they are good for just about every DIY project. 

I had an old shelf I was using to hold small craft supplies but they kept falling through the back of the shelf.

repurposed cabinet door craft shelf

A repurposed cabinet door is going to quickly solve this problem. 

I began by attaching the shelf to the very plain cabinet door with wood glue and the nail gun.

repurposed cabinet door craft shelf

Next, I painted the piece with Ultra grip by Fusion Mineral Paint because the cabinet door was very shiny. After the Ultra Grip was dry I used my new favorite Brook by Fusion Mineral Paint to paint the shelf. 

repurposed cabinet door craft shelf

When the paint dried I was ready to add a few accessories to make the shelf even more useful. 

First, I added hooks to the bottom bar.  These little hooks are going to be a great place to hold important information in the craft room like my paint chart. 

repurposed cabinet door craft shelf

Next, I added just a piece of an old  spool holder to the top of the shelf. This is going to be used to hold rolls of washi tape. I added 2 D rings to the back of the cabinet door so the shelf could be hung in the workshop. 

repurposed cabinet door craft shelf

The simple addition of a plain cabinet door to the back of this shelf solved all the problems and a few simple additions made this shelf even more useful for crafts. 

For more information on this project and more please visit the GO BOX at the bottom of this post.

Old cabinet door
Wooden shelf
Homeroad

1 comment
  • Tina Brady
    30 minutes ago

I have quite a few of these cabinet doors, had this idea also. If you come up with more ideas on cabinet doors please post. Thanks for sharing!!!