Old Crib to French Country Head Board

23K Views
I am the biggest procrastinator there ever lived. I knew for months that my parents would be coming in July. For some reason, I just can not bring myself to turn the playroom into a guest room. Partly because I have no extra budget to work on it. Also because if any project involved me painting a room, I avoid it like a plague. So of course two days before my parents were supposed to be here, I panicked and started on the guest room. This headboard was the first project. Actually it is not even a headboard. It is a piece of Bella's crib that I saved. Here it is in its glory...covered in stickers.
  • old crib to french country head board, bedroom ideas, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
I got this crib from Babies 'r us five years ago. It is not real wood but it has a pretty shape. I decided to keep just this part of the crib thinking it might comes in handy one day. And it did! I also had some extra Efex appliques in my craft room so they also came in handy.
Of course when you don't plan things ahead, you find yourself with very little options. All I had were chalk paint® in Old White and a teeny bit of Paris Grey. This really was lets use whatever we can find kind of project.
Viola!
The perfect place to put your head down and dream about the possibilities of a brand new day.

Suggested materials for this project:

Victoria Kirton

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

Ask a Question