French inspired master bedroom and dressing room....

Still working on finishing up with the small little details that make things interesting in our newly renovated master bedroom, bath and dressing room... I decided to keep my French bedroom set...it was purchased about twenty years ago at an estate sale in West Palm Beach, Florida....while we were on vacation, the sale came up right next to our rental vacation property....it is a beautiful putty colour with slight touches of gold accents...I love it today as much as I did then...
french inspired master bedroom and dressing room, bedroom ideas
It included a King headboard, double dresser and mirror, bachelor chest, two end tables and vanity and stool....it was a great find!
Here, you can see the original, immaculate upholstered vanity stool, table and end table....still working on toss cushions for the bed, layering with a few more quilts at the end of the bed and small finishing touches..
After the renovation, I decided to scale back on the furniture and just retained the end tables, smaller chest and vanity table and stool.....simply simplifying !
The extra clothing which was originally kept in the large double dresser, which I am no longer using is now in the walk in closet....
I added a perfectly "ghosted " Murano mirror above the small bachelor chest...to keep the room, soft and serene I chose the colour palette of creams, white and blush...above a vintage alabaster lamp and blush coloured shade add to the look I strove for...
White organdy pillow slips and another alabaster lamp with a custom upholstered shade on the end table...paint colour on the walls is Benjamin Moore, Cake Batter...
Details of the fine Murano mirror, handcrafted by Italian artisans near Venice, Italy...a vintage French chair with original petit point was just added, not sure if it will stay? Still thinking on that !
The entrance to my walk in closet/dressing room with a beautifully etched door from Paris, France...the glass panel was installed in a new door, after I found it would be to expensive to work with the existing imperfections of the over eighty year old door! The glass has a peacock and formal gardens hand etched into the glass...
A spare bedroom was made smaller, and is now my closet..
Finally after living in a testosterone world, two sons and husband, and male dogs for years, my own pretty space...
Detail oriented...
The new space is 11'x8', so there is space for a stool, a little silver chest which I have repurposed for jewellery, as well as plenty of closet space for shoes and clothing...
The Italian chandelier hung in my dining room before the renovation...again, I reused as much as I could...because the closet has a rather large window, I keep the linen shade closed most of the time...privacy too!
It is difficult to take better photos in such a small space, but I hope you can get a feel for what I hoped to accomplish in this small corner I call my own!
Everything, organized, in full view and pretty! What every girl dreams of....

Nella Miller Design

• Patricia neeley

I have over 50 hat's and I truly love the use of yours on your lamps..very nice...so inviting....GREAT JOB.👍😀

• Jessie

Love that mirror.. I too have my own "boudoir" although I have yet to work on it. Beautiful work !