Turn Dollar Store Items Into Great Decor

This is a gorgeous glass bead vase, and even though these photos do not do it justice, it really looks like something purchased, no handmade. I have been creating things for our den, adding in accessories as I get ideas or chances to make them. Yes, I am el cheapo and refuse to buy a bunch of beautiful but pricey home decor when I know I can create that beautiful decor without the cost. Plus you know, I get
crafts vase dollar store glass beads, crafts, repurposing upcycling
Now, I bought this vase at clearance. But you can certainly use a large jar – pickle or mayo or peanut butter – any kind of big glass jar you’d want. And, you don’t need a lot of supplies either.
Just some clear silicone, and those glass marbles you can buy at the dollar store.
I liked the mixed colors of this bag, but I did take out the very dark blues, which wasn’t much, and I added in some frosted white marbles I already had. You’ll need at least two bags, depending on the size of your vase. My vase is about 12 inches by about 6 inches wide.
All you need to do is clean your vase, I also wiped it with alcohol to make sure there were no oils on it
What I did find was that I only did about half the vase, and let the silicone dry, more then that and the weight of the marbles can start making the adhesive shift and move down, buckling the marbles outward.
You can leave this pretty vase plain, add flowers or a candle for a soft light. It’s quite pretty in the evening with the softer light coming through.
Creative Me Inspired You