Air Plant Wine Bottle Cork Magnets

Here's a clever way to upcycle those wine corks! I’ve been totally infatuated with air plants lately. I mean, what’s not to love about something that needs virtually no care at all? Moisture and nutrients are gathered from the air.
This craft project couldn’t be easier and all you need is four items:
1. A wine bottle cork — maybe a cork from that special occasion that you want to remember.
2. A fast-drying non-toxic glue.
3. A magnet — Available at office supply stores. Also consider magnetic tape which can be easily cut to any desired length. By the way, you don’t have to use a magnet but doing so allows you to easily attach to the fridge or medicine cabinet.
4. An air plant — there are lots of sources online for mail order and if you’re in the southern US, you probably have some on a nearby tree you can pluck.
Attach the magnet to the cork using glue and allow to dry completely. Using a tiny bit of glue, attach the air plant to the cork. That’s it! {You'll need to spritz it with water once a week to keep it happy!}
Tillandsia is a genus of plants that includes such things as Spanish and Ball mosses. Their roots are only used as an anchor as they are not parasitic. Pretty cool, huh?
I have a couple of air plants attached to driftwood and they live in the shower. Every now and then, they get a spritz of water but I think they’re happy with the humidity as they are thriving beautifully.
So, start saving those corks and upcycle them into something clever like these Air Plant Wine Bottle Cork Magnets today! For more information and other craft, garden, and recipe ideas, stop be Green Thumb White Apron and say hi!

15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
GreenThumbWhiteApron.com

• Linda Torrence

Don't you have to cut out the cork for the plant. Also any ideas for hanging these on the wall?

• GreenThumbWhiteApron.com

Since they're air plants, just attach them with a bit of water based glue and you're good to go. I have seen a hole drilled in the cork too. As far as for wall hanging, maybe just screw a small eye-hook in the back and hang from a nail. Have fun and good luck!

• Lily

Where can I purchase Air plant?

• Linda Cecchettini

I like plants for pets

through Amazon prime and shipped to you

these come 2 day air and mine always show up in great shape

• Pam LoCoco

Can the glue used in a glue gun work? I've not heard anything about it being toxic.

• Nancy Wilson

I love plants but I have a cat who loves them too. I have decided to go with air plants because I can hang them on the wall where the cat can't reach them. As I live in an apartment I can't go putting holes in the wall so I am going to use Command strips which are double sided and come in all shapes and sizes. This cork idea will work beautifully with that. Lightweight, attractive.....I'd better get drinking some wine!
  • LaDonna Galloway

Absolutely! I want a nice little bunch family of them❤