Shaken or Stirred

I've done a complete turnaround regarding mid-century furniture. It wasn't my cup of tea But be became aquainted over a few pints (of ), trying on jewelry ( and spending time in my living room/studio enjoying the first few weeks of
painted furniture mid century retro makeover, home decor, living room ideas, painted furniture
Here he is in a simple setting. (I dressed him up a few various ways so people can get a feel as to how it could be incorporated into their space). In this vignette, the piece is gender neutral and can be considered a sideboard or buffet.
This is what he looked like when we dragged him home. My son and I sometimes go "missioning" for pieces late at night. We have a large item curb drop in our city and you wouldn't believe what people throw away! I'm not certain exactly what it was that the last owner doused him with, but it was thick, sticky and very difficult to remove. Although the veneer was really quite attractive, after cleaning him up, he was patchy & scratchy and needed a new outfit.
Here, I applied a more masculine feel to the staging. Makes me think of Roger Moore or Don Draper. Makes for a cute little bar doesn't it? The champagne is full. I'm not touching it until I reach a specific goal in my little business :)
At first, I wasn't crazy about the etched glass but once it was cleaned up and a fresh coat of old white was applied to the interior, I fell for it.
As per usual, an element of surprise had to be applied - I opted for the interior sides of the drawers & a bubble effect on the drawer floor, both in red.
There was no saving the original hardware and painting it just wouldn't be condusive to the style of the piece so I ordered these timeless glass pulls.
Considering the era of the piece, I had to pay hommage to my dad... I remember him having a unit like this at his cool condo when I was a kid. The bongos, guitars, song sheets and fondue pot (did I say "pot"?) were his too. Combine them with the items on the bar in a previous photo and that pretty much sums it up. He drew the lovely Asian goddess in the scene and that's him in the pic giving his "Princess" kisses. Coolest Man. EVER. XO RIP
And here is what I would do with it, should it be mine. Having sons, there wasn't a lot of this going on for a loooong time :)
Can I keep it? Can I? Can I? Can I?
This is Charlie. My intern & little buddy - I think he's got just as many followers as I!
As was said back then "That's all Folks!"

Tana, Little Red Bag Productions

• Tim D. (The Retro Den)

No really . I'm a world traveler. I see retro pieces if every flavor all over the world.... This "Kick Ass". I love it... But where did you find the lamps? New Retro or original? Very Kewl!

• Marion Nesbitt

Looks like you had fun! Know the long spindly angled legs are in keeping with the style. Had a really modern looking German stereo with this type of legs. Always thought they looked too weak to support the weight so took them off. (Actually despised them! lol)

• @Marion Nesbitt Marion, so funny you should mention the legs...I too struggled with them...actually had four from another piece which I considered applying but I didn't want to mess with the era/style. Thanks for your input :)